Sorry to report that this has been cancelled. We hope to run more workshops in the spring.
Growing & Farming in Schools
‘Where Food Comes From’
White Quarry Farm
Chantry Lane, Hazlewood
Tadcaster North Yorkshire LS24 9NQ.
Thursday 15th October 2015
Set in the picturesque surroundings of White Quarry Farm, this is a unique training day like no other. This interactive course will ensure your school will be at the cutting edge of teaching children where food comes from in line with renewed statutory requirements and the School Food Plan. It will equip you with practical advice, resources and confidence to improve aspects of growing and farming in your school regardless of resources.
Throughout the day, delegates will be able to collect ingredients to prepare as tasty treat – food doesn’t get much fresher than this! You will also have the opportunity to book a free* farm visit for your school following the training day at White Quarry Farm.
- o To highlight the importance of teaching “where food comes from” in relation to OFSTED & the curriculum
- o To obtain practical advice on how to incorporate farming & growing into the curriculum and beyond
- o To learn how to get the best out of a farm visit and increase confidence in this area.
- o To improve growing in your school and set up a school garden with limited resources.
- o To link growing, farming with cooking in the curriculum and healthy eating
Highlights: The day will include a guided farm walk with an experienced farmer, a range of expert guest speakers, a garden walk, free resources to help set up a windowsill garden, refreshments and lunch.
- All schools with no SLA: £195
- Schools with full SLA or basic SLA credits: £0
See website training page for SLA information
To book a place please visit our website:
For further information please contact:
email@example.com 0113 395 1047
Cancellations: If you cancel your booking we require at least 5 working days notice. Failure to provide such notice or non attendance will result in your school being charged in full if
using Pay as you go. Leeds schools with a full or basic
SLA package who do not inform us within 5 working days
will incur an administration charge of £30/delegate.